A good, powerful welding machine can make it easier and more convenient to handle welding operations. TIG welders are used often for welding thinner metals or in extremely cosmetic applications, which need strict control of heat. With the progress of welding applications and technology, TIG welding is fast becoming popular.
It offers clean and fast welding with very less amount of smoke and minus any spatter. While looking for a TIG Welder, you need to consider a wide variety of factors. It is much more than just looking at the appearance or price point. You need to choose a welder that is fit for your purpose, is strong and durable and has the best price tag for your budget.
There are various TIG welders available today, for professionals as well as hobbyists. Read on and know about some of the best TIG welders available on the market, and how to choose the best ones among them.
1. Dynasty 200 SD tig welder
- This is a perfect welder for various purposes, such as ship/boat, mechanical getting, manufacturing, aviation and various other projects. It offers better overall performance on almost any type of input voltage.
- The equipment lets you vary the real wave frequency by 250Hz. Thus, when raising its actual frequency, you can have a more focused arc. Thus, it offers a smoother performance. Even when you weld stainless steel or other metals, there is as much smoothness as when you weld lightweight aluminum. This is the best TIG welder for stainless steel.
- It has an air conditioning system with a Fan-On-Demand feature, which can operate whenever you need.
2. Hobart welder 500551
- This welder is highly versatile and can be used for various types of welding and a wide variety of applications. It has an invert-based power source, which prevents it from consuming a lot of power. It offers a more consistent welding arc.
- It is just 23 kg or 50 pounds in total weight and you can move it conveniently without the need for any other individual.
- One of the TIG welders, it can weld really well and can be ideal for anyone who wants to handle light to moderate welding tasks.
3. LONGEVITY 200sx best cheap tig welder
- The device has a stick welder with 200 Amp rating. It is easily portable and you can easily move it around for welding in different areas. You can use it to weld on 220 V as well as 110 V power.
- The unit can be plugged into a 5000-watt generator to weld in remote or rural locations. It can weld 6013, 7018 and various other types of stick welding electrodes.
- It has a foot pedal to control TIG welding and operations and comes with high frequency start TIG as well. You can weld aluminum by flipping a switch in air conditioning mode. This is the exact TIG welder for aluminum.
4. Lotos LTPDC2000D cheap tig welder
- It comes from Lotos Technology, a prestigious name in the manufacturing of arc (MMA) welding, TIG/stick, and plasma cutters cutting equipment.
- It can cut any type of metal up to a thickness of ½ inch. It has 50 Amp plasma cutting ability and has a 60% duty cycle at maximum amps for any activity.
- It has a bigger TIG welding torch, with short and well as long caps. With 50 Hz / 60 Hz input power frequency, it performs very well. It must be noted that the performance is better at 60 Hz.
- Although it is designed for DIY enthusiasts and commercial users, it can satisfy the needs of even professional welders.
5. AHP AlphaTIG 200 X 200 Amp
Of course, this is one of the Best TIG welders which is known as the legitimately powerful machine that is available with 38 lbs.
It is very easy to handle both AC/DC and can also vary between 1/4″ aluminum and 3/8″ mild steel. Moreover, it is considered to be the best IGBT inverter along with features and hence send it to have the high-frequency startup. Being a 200DX provided with 110v as well as 220v which makes it more flexible. It is an affordable tig welder that also offers incredibly good performance. The price of the product is also reasonable which makes it and more stable in terms of everything. It offers more than 60% cycle duty at 200A and is the best product available in the markets.
- The product is available with 5 years warranty.
- It is available at a budget-friendly price.
- You will find TIG (AC/DC) and Stick welding capabilities that makes you more comfortable to work with.
- It truly has more compiled control and it is very heavy in weight.
6. Square Wave® TIG 200 cheap TIG Welder K5126-1
Well, this is one of the best brand manufacturing high-quality vendors. However, the product is best suitable for both AC and DC TIG capabilities as it is considered to be the most powerful stick welding ability and is more comfortable to work with. Perhaps it has the high-frequency startup that can also very easily adjust the settings and frequency as well. This is an inverter based design that will perfectly match with the power and is more possible.
The affordable tig welder is well suitable even for small buildings and is also accommodate stick welding capability especially for outdoor work. The dimensions of this product are 20*20*13 inches and the weight is 73.2 pounds. Therefore it is very convenient to use and is also well designed. Moreover, it has a standard 120V circuit or 230V for maximum output.
- The product is very easy to use and you can also explore productive creativity.
- This is best tig welder for the money and can be considered as well suitable for both tig and stick.
- You can carry it anywhere and can very easily plug it and use.
- While welding thick materials you need to take extra care.
Features to see while choosing tig welder
- Look for a welder with the widest amperage range at an affordable price. A TIG welder with a very narrow range of amperage can severely restrict the variety of materials that you can weld.
- Those with 5 – 230 Amp range can offer you the flexibility required for welding on thin materials, like aluminum with ¼ inch thickness or 24-Gauge stainless steel.
AC and DC welding
- In case you want to weld materials apart from stainless steel or steel, the TIG welder has to offer DC (direct current) as well as AC (alternating current) options. For instance, you need to use AC for welding magnesium, aluminum, and other soft, self-oxidizing metals.
- You will require DC for welding deoxidized copper, stainless steel, steel and other hard metals.
- For proper TIG welding, heat control is an important factor. Control of the heat input on thinner materials can lower the metal warping. Pulse welding can control heat input into weld without any sacrificing of weld penetration.
- Pulsed TIG welding makes welders alternate between a lower background current and a higher peak current. This helps maintain the arc and allows cooling of the welded joint.
Ease of use
- TIG welding involves a lot of skills although that does not mean that it should be complex in usage.
- Look for ones that are user-friendly and come with controls that can easily be understood.
Foot amperage controls
- Those with foot amperage controls are important, particularly for aluminum welds.
- More amperage is needed for making the process simpler and letting users reduce or increase the welding amperage as required.
- Many TIG welders have additional features that can increase their longevity and durability.
- Look for those with a cooling fan, which can run constantly to keep the welder cool. Or you can choose one with a fan that runs once the welder heats up and a thermostat is tripped.
Removable TIG torch
- You should also choose the TIG welders that come with a removable TIG torch that can be changed fast. At times, during TIG welding, you might like to change your torch to lightweight and smaller torch, a pencil torch or a longer torch for dealing with different types of welding operations.
- In case the torch is wired permanently to the welder, you will have to do with just one type of torch.
Types of TIG Welders
Tig welders can be typically classified into 5 main types:
1. Power I-TIG 200
- It is the TIG welder for the money and ideal for portable fabrication and repair. It offers a stable DC arc. You can run it on most of the modern generator welders. It can easily handle mild steel and stainless steel. Its full panel control and pulse control makes it perfect for operating extended length torches in any place.
- With the stable and smooth arc of the SMAW or stick function and along with arc force control, it offers a substitute to TIG in less than ideal situations.
- It usually arrives with all the accessories that matter, such as regulator, cables, torch and foot pedal.
2. Power TIG 200 DX
- It is the best choice for hobbyists as well as professional welders and sets a benchmark with its performance and power.
- Welders looking for the best affordable TIG welder as well as professionals demanding reliability, features and power can be satisfied by what the Power TIG 200DX has on offer.
- With easily understandable color-coded controls, digital readout that allows precise amperage controls setting, adjustable weld parameters that allow 4t and 2t operations and smooth, stable arc, this is an industry-leading option.
3. Power TIG 225 LX
- It is a commercial grade TIG welder and comes with Stick (SMAW) and AC/DC pulse TIG (GTAW-P) welding ability. For many welding professionals, it is the daily welding equipment of choice. It comes with 60% duty cycle, which is better than any of its competitors in the segment.
- This is a compact and lightweight welder, designed like the moduled IGBT inverter, and no special wheel kit or large roll-around box is required for the equipment. You will only need to grab the large carry handle to take it from one place to another, and move it through compact spaces such as airplane fuselages and narrow pipes.
- This is a heavy duty welder, and can easily handle steel, aluminum, and stainless steel.
4. Power TIG 250 EX
- It is great for commercial as well as industrial applications and boasts of wonderful arc stability and easy arc starting ability. It has an IGBT lightweight module design and can outpace any transformer equipment with ease.
- It sets a new industry standard and comes with features like a spot weld timer, broad AC balance control, HF/Lift arc function, High pulse frequency, and Arc Force control.
5. Power TIG 315 DX
- This is a commercial grade, heavy duty welder with features like AC frequency controls, foot pedal controlled welding and Pulse welding function.
- It has a compact and rugged design and is direct and simple in operations.
- When you are trying to buy the TIG welders, you should look for more than affordability. Consider the TIG process as well as quality, type of welding results, durability and arc efficiency.
- A removable, quick-change TIG Torch is also essential when you need a pencil, small or larger torch for various TIG welding operations and locations, such as in smaller areas that are harder to access. Beyond this, you will also require a high-quality welder having the excellent controls, amperage range, and adaptability.
- That said, the price should be an important consideration as well. The cost can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars, depending on the brand, parameters, features, and type of equipment.
- The best cheap TIG welder for hobbyist welders come in less than 500 USD while those for professional grade works are around 1000 USD. You need to buy one that fits your pocket and also matches your purpose perfectly.